A few months ago I visited Lakefront Brewery. I was impressed by their beer, their environmental performance, and their commitment to Wisconsin and Milwaukee culture. Some highlights:
- they are a Travel Green Wisconsin certified location
- they brew a great organic ESB that not only uses organic malt but also organic hops
- they are growing organic hops in Wisconsin – the first commercial hops to be grown in Wisconsin for decades!
- They have the Laverne and Shirley song playing on tape in front of the bottling line, with lyrics posted on the wall!
- they partner with another Wisconsin business who uses their brew vessels to make organic teas.
When I visited, the owner and several staff showed me such incredible Milwaukee-style hospitality that it is now my turn to what little I can to repay them – vote for them as the best brewery in Milwaukee. The competition? Miller and Sprecher. You be the judge. Just go here and vote.